Visiting Program Application Guide
What is Visiting Student Program (VSP)
International students whose home institutions do not have an exchange agreement with KU nor has links with ISEP can apply to the VSP.
The program details of SEP and VSP remain the same apart from the following:
VSP applicants do not have to be nominated by their home institution.
KU VSP is open to all who satisfy the KU eligibility.
- VSP applicants will solely be assessed on individual’s academic ability.
- Visiting students directly pay for the application and tuition fee to KU.
* Before you start your Visiting Student Program application
1. Complete Step 1 Program and Personal Details (which includes 1.Study Program & Duration / 2. Personal Details).
2. Click 'Save & Next' at the bottom of the application page.
3. Check your email ('email 1' you have typed on the application page) inbox and spam box to see if you have received the email from Global Services Center. It would include the link to your application page.
Step 1. Check Eligibility
Undergraduate students from non-exchange universities should first consider consulting with a study abroad coordinator at their home university. Only after securing approval from their home university, should applicants apply to the VSP program.
Step 2. Entry Requirements
To apply for VSP at KU, you must meet the following requirements:
- Accurately complete the online application form with essential supporting documents
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (GPA by US standard)
- Must be a currently enrolled student
- Must have studied for a minimum of 2 full semesters at home institution before the application period starts. Students are required to upload the transcript that shows they have completed at least 2 semesters with the grades they achieved.
Step 3. Tuition Fees
Tuition Fee KRW 4,100,000 (Approx. USD 3,800)
After students receive approval from their home university they will need to complete online application during the application period. All visiting students are required to pay the tuition fee by the deadline given, which will be informed after the application period ends. Students will not be able to access the tuition payment page before/after the specified dates. The refund policy is as follows;
Date Amount of Refund Before March 1 /
Before September 1
Full refund March 1 - March 31 /
September 1 - September 30
April 1 - April 30 /
October 1 - October 31
May 1 - May 31 /
November 1 -
50% refund After June 1 /
After December 1
Step 1. Application Period
- 2018 Fall semester (Sep-Dec): 26 March, 2018 – 04 May, 2018 (Korea Standard Time)
- 2019 Spring semester (Mar-Jun): 21 September, 2018 - 02 November, 2018 (To be Confirmed)
Step 2. Required Documents
- Original Academic Transcript
- Personal Statement (A4 one-page)
Copy of Valid Passport
Must be valid at least 3 months after your semester at KU ends
- Certificate of Health (Can be found in Application page)
- Oath of Good Conduct (Can be found in Application page)
- Health Insurance
One Academic Reference
Academic reference letter accepted by direct email from the referee only
Step 3. Check Application Status
Please make sure to complete and upload all the required documents during the specified dates. If students are not able to meet the deadline, your application will be declined. Details will be given both in the application page and via e-mail.