Report Change of Information
Students with ARC must report to the Sejongno immigration office if there has been any personal change occurred. The report must be done within the next 14 days since the change has been occurred.
If NOT reported to the Sejongno immigration office within the 14 days, financial penalty of more than 1,000,000KRW will be charged to individual.
Changes that must be reported to the immigration
- Name, Gender, Date of Birth or Nationality
- Passport Number, Changes in the issuance dates or expiry date
- Change of Institution name (Transfer freshmen)
- Change of Residence address
Reporting about your RESIDENCE (체류지) is one important task you should not overlook. Even when you do not move elsewhere, you still need to prove that you are staying legally at your place when it comes to extend your ARC or change your visa status (e.g. D-4 to D-2)
- For students living on-campus - Dormitory payment receipt 기숙사비 영수증
- If you stay at a Gosiwon or Hasukjib that does not go with a contract - You can find at the immigration office a form called Confirmation of Residence/Accommodation 거주/숙소제공확인서 and ask the landlord to fill it in.
- If you stay at a One-room or Apartment Housing contract 임대차계약서 - If the contract is signed by other individual, you need to have that person to fill in the Confirmation of Residence/Accommodation
- You may be asked to bring evidence of your public bill payments such as water, gas or electricity.