Student Visa (D-2)

How to obtain a Student Visa (D-2)

All students, including freshmen are required to have a visa from Korean embassy or consulate office in order to enter Korea. The D-2 visa application will require, among other things, a Certificate of Admission from Korea University and documents showing your financial support (bank statement with letter of financial support from parents or other sponsors if applicable). If you submit Certificate of Admission to an embassy or a consulate office, they may give D-2 visa without looking at other documents or they may ask for additional documents since it is sole right of embassies to give visa. It is advised that students must contact embassy whether they require any additional documents prior to their application for D-2 visa.
Applying for D-2 visa can be a complicated process. Students who are already in Korea can apply directly at Sejongno immigration office while those from overseas must visit the nearest Korean Embassy or consulate office. Students who wish to apply through Sejongno immigration office must make online reservation at one month prior to the visit.

Required Documents

  1. Receipt of the online reservation & Application Form
  2. Certificate of Admission (issued by the International Admissions Team)
  3. Passport (original and copy)
  4. Alien Registration Card (only those who have)
  5. Passport sized Photo (3.5cm×4.5cm with white background which was taken within the past 6 months)
  6. Tuition payment receipt
  7. Fee 130,000 KRW in cash
  8. Evidence of the place of residence
    • For students living on-campus require a receipt of dormitory fee payment.
      If you are a freshmen (transfer student) you must submit ‘Confirmation of Residence’ issued by the CJ I-House office.
    • For students living off-campus require one of three from the followings;
      1) a utility bill payment for any public services
      2) a mail giving the notice of the expiry date of your period of sojourn
      3) Lease contract under your name
  9. Tuberculosis Test result
    • 19 countries only
      Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Philippines, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Laos
      (If you did not submit after 2016. 3. 2 you have to resubmit it)
    • The one close to the campus is Seongbuk-Gu Community Health Center 성북구보건소
      (Students must take their passport)
  10. Do not forget to scan your fingerprint before you leave the Immigration Office.