Alien Registration Card

After Arrival

Students who have already obtained student visa (D-2) and arrived in the country must apply for Alien Registration Card (ARC) within the 90 days from the arrival date. While this regulation is imposed by the immigration, we would like to advise our students to apply for ARC before the orientation week of each semester.
Alien Registration Card once obtained, will act as student visa (D-2) and Identification to who are already in Korea. It is illegal to stay in Korea for more than 90 days without being registered, regardless of your visa at entry.

Required Documents
  1. Receipt of the online reservation & Application Form
  2. Original Passport, a copy of passport page with D-2 Visa
  3. Passport sized Photo (3.5cm×4.5cm with white background which was taken within the past 6 months)
  4. Tuition payment receipt (before semester starts) or Certificate of Enrollment (after semester starts)
  5. Fee 30,000 KRW in cash
  6. Evidence of the place of residence
    • For students living on-campus require a receipt of dormitory fee payment
      If you are a freshmen (transfer student) you must submit ‘Confirmation of Residence’ issued by the CJ I-House office.
    • For students living off-campus require one of three from the followings;
      1) a utility bill payment for any public services
      2) a mail giving the notice of the expiry date of your period of sojourn
      3) Lease contract under your name
  7. Tuberculosis Test result
    (if you did not submit after 2016. 3. 2 you have to resubmit it)
  8. Do not forget to scan your fingerprint before you leave the Immigration Office