Korea University offers a variety of undergraduate scholarships in recognition of outstanding academic performance. We also understand the challenge of financing your undergraduate studies abroad and think that tuition fee should not be a barrier to your passion to study.
In an effort to lessen the burden of financial hardships, we offer the Bright Futures Scholarship for those who are in need of financial help.
When and How to apply
|Types||How to apply||Evaluation
|Current Students||Academic Excellence Scholarship||All applicants are automatically eligible and therefore there is no separate application required.||Outstanding GPA||Full tuition fee for the next semester||Students with an outstanding GPA in the previous semester|
|Academic Improvement Scholarship||Need online application submission on the KUPID||Level of GPA progression||50% of tuition fee for the next semester||Students who improved their GPA from the previous semester|
|Bright Futures Scholarship||Need online application submission on the KUPID (Letter of Recommendation from your academic advisor and documents to support your financial situation)||Financially disadvantaged students||50% of tuition fee for the next semester||Students who maintained GPA of 2.75 or higher in the previous semester|
|Newly admitted students||Global Leader Scholarship A||All applicants are automatically eligible and therefore there is no separate application required.||Admission evaluation||Full tuition fee (including admission fee) for 2 semesters||Student must maintain GPA of 3.5 or higher (take min. 12 credits) for their first semester|
|Global Leader Scholarship B||50% of tuition fee (including admission fee) for 2 semesters||Student must maintain GPA of 3.0 or higher (take min. 12 credits) for their first semester|
Students must have;
- Completed at least one semester at KU
- Achieved at least 12 credits
- No academic warning or no violation of academic regulations in the previous semester
- For Spring semester – January
- For Fall semester – July
How to apply
- Academic Excellence Scholarship: Automatically applied without any application process
- The detailed information will be available at 'Announcements' and on Portal(KUPID) in January for Spring semester and in July for Fall semester
- Go to http://portal.korea.ac.kr
- Scholarship Application
- Select the scholarship type
Required documents and proof for the Bright Futures Scholarship, please refer to the notice on the portal.
- Only the selected recipients would be notified by email from GSC
- The value of scholarship would be automatically applied on recipient’s tuition invoice of the following semester. Please print out your tuition invoice and find out.
Things to note
- Scholarships will be awarded within the budget range of KU
Recipient of the scholarship that covers 100% of tuition fee, should visit Hana bank on campus and make a ‘zero’ deposit during the enrollment period.
For any inquiries
- +82-2-3290-5174, 5158